Thursday, March 30, 2017

Short, Sweet, and Simple


As promised today’s post is going to be short. Yesterday, we had our second peer review. So I started explaining my project to my peers and they really liked my idea for my two-page spread. They also recommended that when I interview the people for my story, I include pictures of their style for when they were younger. I didn’t think I was allowed to do this because they wouldn’t be my original pictures. But, when I asked my teacher she said I could use them but I can’t include them as part of my five original pictures required. Something else I asked their advice on was what to make my cover image and one of my peers recommended I take a close up picture of a girl, and then have that picture be half a regular face and the other half be of graphic design like the one below (I know I already showed you this picture but I really liked the type of graphics they use here). I liked this idea because my cover story is about change and most of the stories on my table of contents are about change. So I think if I use this as my cover it would be a good representation of the contents of the magazine. After that, I should them what I have been doing for my table of contents and they liked it a lot. My peers, also really liked how I wanted to add an editor’s letter. Other than that they thought that I was on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment