Tuesday, March 14, 2017

HELP!!!

Can you believe that it has been a week since I started this project, I know time is flying(ahh)!!!! So, last night I was trying to figure out what was my next step, and I realized that part of the reason why I feel so lost is that I haven’t gone into depth in my research for my genre. So, as a way to clarify my thoughts I researched, researched, and researched some more. Part of my research was to figure out fashion magazine’s target audience and I found that most magazines have a target audience of 20-40 year old women, but I also found that some magazines are trying to lower their target audience because research has shown that younger people are more likely to buy a magazine than the older generation. I also found that many high end magazines would have their target audience be higher income people, but again this is something many fashion magazines are trying to change. They are realizing that there is a higher market if they lower their target audience to middle class, this allows them to increase their market.  After this research I decided that the best target audience for my magazine would be 16-30 year old women, primarily middle class. I think I can use this research as a guide for my magazine, specifically for my two page spread.


Voltolina, V. (2009, January 20). Fashion Magazines' New Target Audience: 'Recessionistas' Retrieved March 14, 2017, from http://www.foliomag.com/fashion-magazines-new-target-audience-recessionistas/
Vogue, Tatler and other high-end women's magazines target teen market. (2013, August 30). Retrieved March 07, 2017, from https://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/aug/30/womens-magazines-teen-market

No comments:

Post a Comment