Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The fog is starting to clear up

Well, we’re in week three of this project (holy shit!!!!!). I know I wish I could stop time too but sadly we can not. So how about I gave you an overview of how my day went yesterday so you can understand how I am currently feeling. Let’s start at the very beginning, I woke up at 6:00 a.m, like any regular weekday, if only I knew the set of cards the universe had in store for me that day I would have easily stayed sleeping. Anyways I got to school and went to my first hour, I have study hall so I decided to work on this project and I thought everything was running smoothly. I was testing different programs, such as Canva and Joomag, primarily for my table of contents, trying to get a feel for how I wanted to approach everything. I was actually quite proud of myself because I thought I was ahead of the game (keep in mind I was oblivious to the fact that we only had two more weeks for this project, I could have sworn we had three more weeks). Anyways, during my second hour, my teacher starts handing out a test on Catch-22. To say the test was brutal is an understatement, so that instantly changed my mood. So now we're in third hour suddenly not feeling very content with myself, we start working on our projects; and I was pleased because I really enjoy doing this project; it kinda feels like a stress ball, except for yesterday. Yesterday, it was quite the opposite, because I started asking my peers what they have done and all them seemed far more advanced than me, or they at least had a game plan. I felt like I had nothing done as if I suddenly had the weight of the world on my shoulders. But, my day doesn’t end there. No, the universe really hated me yesterday because from there I went to APUSH to take another test (hip-hip-hooray). So, I finished the test in 40-45 minutes and the rest of the period we were supposed to work on a worksheet we had to print out... well, I might have forgotten to. So, instead, I decided to take out my computer and to continue working on my project. Except, I don’t know why but yesterday as I was looking at my computer screen and seeing everything I wanted to accomplish by the end of this week, I became anxious. So I closed it down and went with the classic pen and paper routine. And I told myself OK there’s no more time to waste, it’s time for me to put my big girl pants on and finally, start making choices (because completing this project I noticed that I am a bit indecisive). So, below is a bit of my planning that I made yesterday:

So the outline above may be a little messy so here’s a breakdown for you:
  • Well first is first I have finally picked my title!!!! (Drum roll please) And the title is …… #MUSE
  • The next part is titles for stories that I want to add to my table of contents. I did this mostly just for clarity
  • Below that, I have a section where I write what could be my story. Well, cross that I have already changed my story (I know, I know I’m very indecisive). So anyways, my new story is how we change our fashion taste as we grew up. So, my plan for this is to have one page explaining why and how our styles change. The following page I want to include two to four interviews with people of various ages.
  • I also wrote a section of what I want to do for my cover page. Here I included a possible layout and other ideas I am tossing around in my head (later this week I hope to write a post solely on my cover page where I want to include the type of font I want to use, the color scheme, etc.)
  • Below that, I wrote about how I want to include an editor’s note and the message I want to let across with this note.
  • Next, to this, I wrote about the possible ad I want to include. I wrote that I might want my ad to be of canvas bags because I see them making a comeback, but I’m not sure yet if I want this to be my ad (I know my indecisiveness is a real issue).

Anyways, after I wrote this down I felt like a relief come over me because I might not be as advanced as my classmates I at least have a plan (I’m the girl with a plan :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment