Sunday, March 26, 2017

Layout Research

Well, the end is nearing and I am pretty sure I know what I want to write about as my cover story so now I have to work on my table of contents and my cover. So since I wanted to include different graphic designs with my cover image so I decided to look up different tutorials on how to create graphic designs. I found two really good tutorials to teach me on how to create graphics. But I also have a friend who takes classes on graphic designs so I want to ask her for help and advice.





I also have been thinking and research at different fashion magazines to decide how I want to create my table of contents and I decided that most fashion magazines use the first page for an ad, the second page is the first page of the table of contents than the back is the second page of the table of contents and the next page is something like an editor’s note or an editor’s monthly picks and than the two page spread. I like this format but I’m not 100% sure what I want to do for the editor page. I want my table of contents to be very simple and minimalists. I don’t want to include many pictures I think that if I do I would want to include at most three pictures but I am leaning more toward one picture. If I include a picture I would want it to be in the middle and have the text of the table contents surrounding it. Here are some examples:

       

Double Exposure Effect Photoshop Tutorial. (2015, May 26). Retrieved March 26, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbf-QXCCXgM
B. (n.d.). Editorial | Harper's Bazaar Magazine. Retrieved March 26, 2017, from https://www.behance.net/gallery/32516619/Editorial-Harpers-Bazaar-Magazine
Graphic design tutorial for beginners | How to learn Graphic design. (2015, September 09). Retrieved March 26, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGJX9qT9hmk
Harper's Bazaar. (n.d.). Retrieved March 26, 2017, from http://kellymillington.com/harpers-bazaar/pq9c7nhqvs5kg5vj3wnk4qvftdqs98


No comments:

Post a Comment