Sunday, April 9, 2017

Final Details

I hate working with little kids!!!!! So, yesterday I had my photoshoot with all my interviewers (I know, I know I’m a bit late but unfortunately for me yesterday was the one and the only day they were available). And I interviewed a girl who is four years old, so she was supposed to get to my house at 1:00 but she fell asleep, so we thought we should wait until she wakes up because then she would wake up all crabby. Well, that didn’t work because she woke up at 3:00 and she was still crabby. I had to call her mom to come and help and luckily she came and that calmed her down a bit but I couldn’t turn on the light because that bothered, and she didn’t want to look at the camera, and she wouldn’t stay still so after an hour of trying (and crying) I took a picture that wasn’t that bad and could work so I decided to just use that one because otherwise, I would still be taking pictures today. Next, was the girl who is 16 years old (to get her was actually easy because all of mine and my sister’s friends are teens so I just used my sister’s best friend who practically lives here). She was easy peasy to take a picture of, compared to the four year old. The only issue with her is that the one time I needed her to stay she had to leave, and since I took so long with the four year old I had ten minutes to take her picture so I didn’t take the exact picture I wanted but I took a picture I was happy with. Luckily the adult I used was my mom so I was able to get the perfect picture I wanted. I then went on Pics Art and for the little girl picture I highered the brightness a little bit,highered the contrast, lowered the highlights, increased the saturation, and increased the shadows. For the picture of the teen, I higherd the highlights, increased the saturation, and lowered the contrast. As for the picture of the adult I was pretty happy with the picture so I didn’t want to damage it too much but, I did higher the saturation a little bit.
Yesterday night I also had a family party, and I as still missing a picture for my editor’s note, so I was looking for inspiration and then I got it, while my mom and her friends were clinging glasses. I got them together and took a picture of them clinking their glasses. I then went on PicsArt and took off the color of the picture for everything but the actually champagne in the glasses, so that the champagne can stand apart from the rest of the image. I then cut out the silhouette of the girls in all the pictures.
Today I put everything in their layout and made sure it was what I had imagined it to be, and I was pretty happy with the result. Something, I want to mention is that I did change a question in the interview of the child and the adult and teen interview. Something else I want to mention is how I wanted to include images of the girls when they were younger but unfortunately, I didn’t have any pictures of when my mom was younger so I thought it would be odd if I included pictures of all the girls younger except the adult. So I decided to just not to add pictures of when the girls were younger. Another thing I want to add is how I decided to have my two page spread to be in a more casual tone to make it seem as if the writer was having a friend to friend conversation with the audience.Well, I think that explains everything see you soon.
(P.S. Can you believe this project is almost done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment